I am a firm believer in the idea that mindset is everything!
It is one of the most overlooked elements of growing a successful business, and one of the things I think all business owners need to spend time actively improving.
The truth is…business is 80% mindset, 20% skill.
You can be the best in the world at what you do, but without the right mindset to back it up, you’ll probably run into roadblocks along the way that will keep you from reaching your goals.
A negative business mindset that holds you back can look like the following:
- You don’t believe in yourself or your business. You feel like you aren’t cut out to be successful and that you’ll never be able to achieve your business goals.
- You suffer from imposter syndrome. You wonder if you’re qualified to run your business, or why anybody would even want to work with you.
- You give up too soon. If things aren’t instantly successful, you consider them a failure and give up right away.
If you can relate, you aren’t alone. Even the most successful business owners occasionally have to work through mindset issues like these.
As somebody who is constantly striving towards self-improvement, I spend a lot of time thinking about mindset and learning about how to harness the power of positive thinking. A strong business mindset starts with you, meaning that you have to feel good about yourself to reflect the same energy within your business.
I’ve come to believe that daily affirmations are an impactful way to transition into a more positive everyday mindset. Affirmations are used as a guiding tool to help reinforce positive beliefs by repeating them to yourself as if they are already true.
Keep these affirmations in a place where you will see them everyday and make a point to repeat them to yourself as often as possible:
- “I am at peace with myself.”
- “I am worthy of all the blessings coming my way.”
- “I attract love, light, and health.”
- “I take actions towards my goals everyday.”
The more consistent you are with your affirmations, the sooner you will start to notice a shift in your attitude.
If you want to dig even deeper, I’ve designed a worksheet that will help you explore how to step into a CEO-level mindset, especially if you’re transitioning from a traditional employee role.
Remember: consistency and commitment is all it takes to start working towards incredible mindset shifts!