As a business owner, you probably launched your business to sell a product or service you’re passionate about. But sometimes, even the CEOs with the best ideas can hit bumps in the road and find themselves unsure about how to move the needle forward in their business. If this has happened to you before, know it’s completely normal — but it may be time to consider hiring a business coach.
If you find yourself continuously thinking that you could benefit from some guidance and direction in your business (or have a brilliant idea for a business that you’re wanting to bring to life), but aren’t sure if a coach is who you need or if now is the right time to hire one, I encourage you to keep reading. This blog post is for you!
The first thing you’ll want to consider is the role a business coach will play in your business. Unlike a business & marketing consultant, a coach doesn’t “tell” you what decisions to make in your business, or come up with an exact plan to help you execute them. Their job is instead a bit more holistic, and focuses on the following:
- Guiding you to make the right decisions from the start, and avoid any big or expensive mistakes.
- Working with you to develop the skills you already have and create an action plan for your business that reflects your strengths.
- Addressing mindset issues such as limiting beliefs, fear, and self-sabotage.
- Providing support and accountability to ensure you’re following through with the plan you’ve created together.
Your business coach is ultimately there to guide you as you make your own decisions and bring your ideas to life, whereas a business consultant will have a much more hands-on role in your business when it comes to planning and executing.
If it sounds like a business coach is what you’re looking for, let’s talk about the numerous benefits of having one in your corner. I actually did an entirely separate blog post on this (read it here!), but I’ll give you a brief recap:
- Hiring a business coach is a high-ticket investment that will light a fire under your butt and motivate you to make your plans come to life.
- Hiring a business coach allows you to gain clarity when it comes to your business direction and improve your mindset.
- A business coach can accelerate your professional and financial growth, and help you take your business to the next level through their expertise.
If you’re close to convinced that a business coach is exactly what you need to fast-track your success, there may be one thing holding you back: is it the right time for you to hire a coach?
The answer is yes, no matter where you are in business! I typically suggest that brand new business owners hire a coach from the get-go so that they can avoid making expensive or time-consuming mistakes as they’ll have a trusted mentor to guide them. However, if you’re further along in your business, the right coach will help you take things to the next level as you scale. Hiring a coach is also an option when you’ve reached a plateau in your business and aren’t sure what to do next.
When you decide to start looking for a coach, it’s important to find somebody you trust and feel comfortable speaking to about your business. You’ll be investing a fair amount of money into this person, so you should also feel confident in their ability to deliver the transformation you’re looking for. I always recommend getting on a Zoom or phone call before signing any contracts to ensure it’s the right fit on both sides.
If you’re interested in learning more about the services I offer as a business coach, I’d love to tell you all about it during a free 15 minute discovery call! You can learn more about me and my background on my website.