If you’ve been considering bringing on support in your business, but you’re hesitant to make a long-term financial commitment, a strategy call is the optimal way to get expert advice and feedback without being locked into a multi-month coaching/consulting contract.
I get asked all the time about my strategy call offering, which is why I wanted to give you more insight into what a strategy call is as well as the unique three-step strategy call process I use that has helped dozens of clients achieve their business goals. (I also have another post about why you should book a strategy call — read it here!)
So, let’s start with the basics: what is a strategy call?
A strategy call is a one-off video or phone call (usually 60-90 minutes long) in which you can speak to an expert in your industry about your business, goals, and any challenges you may be facing. Depending on your unique circumstances, you may discuss mindset, strategy, or a combination of the two.
As an executive-level business and marketing consultant and experienced business coach, my 90 minute strategy call offering is designed to give CEOs support in creating a strategy that they can later implement themselves. Though my clients usually come to me with a specific problem or topic in mind they want to examine, it’s also completely normal to go into a strategy call looking for general recommendations as to how to grow your business. Like I said before, everyone’s situation is unique, and a strategy call can be a great way to discover potential areas of improvement in your business that you wouldn’t have thought about previously.
I approach strategy calls using the following three-step framework:
- We begin by setting an intention for the call. What knowledge are you hoping to gain? What do we want to accomplish during our time together? This allows me to then structure the call in a way that can best help you.
- From there, we clearly define what your key outcomes are following the call — as in, what will you use the knowledge from our call to achieve? Beginning with the end in mind makes it easier to create a plan that will give you the opportunity to make each key outcome a reality.
- Finally, we look at the roadblocks that are keeping you from achieving your key outcomes, and we determine the best path to eliminate these roadblocks (or at least make them easier to navigate).
In the past, I’ve worked with my clients on the following topics during strategy calls:
- Defining your core values, vision, and mission
- Setting company objectives
- Mapping out strategic plans
- Developing marketing plans & promotional calendars
- Developing pricing strategies
- Mapping out organisational & team structures
- Setting key performance indicators (KPIs) for current and future team members
If you think a strategy call feels the right amount of support at this time in your business journey, I encourage you to book a free 15 minute discovery call with me so I can learn more about your needs. You’ll walk away with a custom action plan created for you by an exec-level marketer, and you’ll get your most burning business questions answered — it’s a win/win.
If you’re looking for ongoing, long-term support, you can learn more about my consulting & coaching services here.