One of the most important things you can do for your skin is eat ORGANIC. One of the main causes of hormonal acne is toxin related. By eating organic produce, you are reducing the amount of toxins that enter your bloodstream when compared to consuming commercial produce that has been sprayed with pesticides.
It can be expensive to buy organic produce in some areas, so why not grow your own? Try these amazing DIY pallet gardens that you can plant with all your favourite fruit, vegetables and herbs! These are great for low-space areas or apartments where you don’t have a lot of room for a complete veggie patch.
What you’ll need:
- Potting soil
- Staple gun and lots of staples
- Landscaping paper
1. Place your pallet on a solid working surface with the bottom of the pallet facing UP.
2. Roll out your landscaping paper to cover the bottom and sides and cut to size.
3. Pull tautly onto the pallet covering the bottom of the pallet and all sides. Staple into position, folding the paper into the corners neatly.
4. When the landscaping paper is firmly stapled to the pallet on the bottom and all sides, turn over so the top is now facing up.
5. Add your potting soil mix to the pallet until the area is full. Do not use normal garden soil for this as it may not drain properly. Potting soil is definitely best and is quite inexpensive for the area we are covering!
6. Now for the fun part! Plant your seeds or plants as per the instructions on the seed packet.
7. Water and enjoy the harvest!
TIP: If you are short on space, you can create vertical pallets too! This is a great idea if you live in an apartment or somewhere with limited garden space.
Let me know your questions and feedback below!
Olivia xTags: acne, beauty, blog, blogging, bonebroth, craft, detox, DIY, featured, food, gut, healing, health, healthy, holidays, inspiration, oliviajenkins, organic, recipe, recipes, skin, skincare, vegetable, veggies